Meet our Alumni: Elsa Evita Rahman

Hello, I’m Elsa, a 2018 DKV alumna with a concentration in graphic design. I currently work as a Graphic Designer at a FinTech Startup and Creative Agency.

During my time at UPH, I had numerous valuable experiences that significantly contributed to my personal and professional growth. The vibrant atmosphere, camaraderie with fellow students and professors, and active involvement in various organizations exposed me to new perspectives and equipped me with practical skills applicable to the professional world.

My four years of study were a blend of joy, sorrow, and challenges, all of which contributed to shaping my resilience. The supportive environment, both from friends and lecturers, played a crucial role in my development. Special appreciation goes to the instructors, particularly Pak Winoto and Pak Alfian, for their guidance and support in the Graphic Design class, especially in Studios Utama 1 (Main Studio 1).

Studios Utama 1 holds a special place in my heart, despite the initial challenges and tears shed in the graphic design class. The lessons learned during this period have proven to be invaluable in my current workplace. From a novice struggling to grasp design concepts, I evolved into someone who understands and effectively applies design principles. I extend my gratitude to Pak Winoto and Pak Alfian for their instrumental roles in my growth.

The holistic learning approach at UPH, combining theory and practical application, has been immensely beneficial. The system, which encourages student discussions, fosters critical thinking and problem-solving skills—skills that are particularly advantageous in the creative industry. This approach has empowered me to provide innovative solutions with a foundation in critical thinking.

For those considering further studies, I wholeheartedly recommend UPH. The university not only hones knowledge but also offers diverse insights and opportunities. The environment encourages holistic development, preparing students not only academically but also for the dynamic challenges of the professional world. UPH has been instrumental in my journey, and I believe it can offer a similarly enriching experience to aspiring students.

Look to seek knowledge outside the classroom as well as inside it; trust me, all of that knowledge will be helpful in the future.