Ronaldo K. Dinguamah

Photo of Ronaldo K. Dinguamah

My name is Ronaldo Kilimandu Dinguamah, but please call me Ronnie. I graduated in 2017 with a degree in Animation. Currently, I work as a Key Lighting Artist and occasionally undertake freelance projects in Lighting, Rendering Architecture, and Motion graphics.

I had no artistic background or experience prior to university, so I faced many challenges with the lessons initially. However, with God’s grace, my teachers’ guidance, and my friends’ support, I was able to acquire enough skills to join the international Animation Industry. I was fascinated by all the courses that involved animation. They enabled me to create animation from the initial concept to the final post-production. These courses taught me the steps of making an animation, which equipped me for the industry.

The curriculum of the creative industry, especially Animation, is hard to keep up with the current industry trends because technology changes rapidly. That is why UPH excels at teaching students the fundamental and conceptual aspects of design, especially the “design thinking” concept. This concept assists me in my work because it is not just about making “pretty” pictures, but about conveying a message with visual elements.

I think UPH is an excellent choice for students who aspire to learn how to think like designers. UPH helps you comprehend the design and animation principles in a holistic way, enhancing your design abilities. UPH also has remarkable lecturers who are passionate about the industry and their students’ education. If you seek to learn the basics and get support from qualified lecturers, I highly recommend UPH.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ronaldo Kilimandu Dinguamah, but you can call me Ronnie for short. In 2017, I delved into the world of creative design and pursued my studies in DKV UPH, with a keen focus on animation. Following my graduation, I embarked on a thrilling freelance journey in the advertising industry for six months, all while crafting my portfolio. In early 2021, I landed a position as a Lighting and Compositing artist at Pixel Zoo, an animation studio based in Brisbane, Australia. My expertise in 3D lighting and compositing has been instrumental in bringing to life several animation series or movies, including the likes of LOL Surprise, Rainbow High, and Mermaze, to name a few. Despite my specialization, I never lost my love for the traditional arts of drawing and painting, which continue to inspire and fuel my creative passions.

2 Replies to “Ronaldo K. Dinguamah”