Alumni: Evan Wijaya

Photo of Evan Wijaya. Photo Provided by Evan Wijaya

My name is Evan Wijaya, and I’m a graphic designer. I entered Universitas Pelita Harapan in 2013 and graduated in 2017.

UPH provided me with a strong foundation in design. Back then, I knew nothing about design, and frankly, I was quite afraid of falling behind other students who I presumed already knew one or two things. Thankfully, the curriculum and the lecturers were very helpful in guiding me through the lessons.

I truly appreciate how the lessons didn’t only focus on hard skills but, more importantly, on soft skills as well. The early semesters were truly eye-opening to me as I got to know the basics that I still often rely on today, such as basic layout design, typography, and design thinking. The impact these lessons had on me was very substantial.

The three and a half years helped shape my interest in pursuing a career in the design world and introduced me to outstanding colleagues. The entire experience of studying at UPH practically made me who I am professionally today.

Evan Wijaya is an Indonesia-based graphic designer with a passion for graphic design in films, film production design, and set design. Movies and pop culture are his driving force in entering the field of graphic design. However, he often draws inspiration from subjects related to history, culture, art, science, myth, and fantasy. When it comes to design, he values great attention to detail.

Evan has received several recognitions, including the Indonesian Graphic Design Award 2 in the Typography Category (2014) and the Grand Prize Winner of the Adobe Hidden Treasures: Bauhaus Dessau competition (2018). He has collaborated with various brands and production companies, such as Sejauh Mata Memandang, Miles Films, Starvision, Palari Films, Wahana Kreator, and Base