Meet our Alumni: Jefferson Kurnia

Jefferson Kurnia from VCD UPH 2015

Hi, my name is Jefferson Kurnia, an alumnus of DKV UPH from 2015 with a major in Animation. Currently, I work as a 3D Artist for JJ Group. Before joining JJ Group, I contributed to several projects both locally and internationally, such as the Tiger Bayu series, Auroria World, Mini Beats Power Rocker Movie, and the InAPP series.

I had a wonderful time studying at DKV UPH, where I acquired essential animation skills before venturing into the animation industry. The lecturers at UPH were very supportive, providing us with extra time to delve deeper into the professional aspects of 3D animation. One class that stood out for me was when we created our first 3D animation in groups. We spent a night at the UPH animation lab, overcoming challenges and learning the process of making a 3D short animation. Fortunately, our friends were supportive, helping us navigate through the challenges together.

I highly recommend UPH as an excellent institution for studying DKV Animation. They offer opportunities for students to explore and showcase their capabilities, participating in art competitions, exhibitions, and even presenting their works in cinemas.

Never doubt your passion as a career; your passion is an investment in your professional journey. This quote motivates me to continually learn and thrive in the animation industry.