Alumni: Daniel Sean

Daniel Sean. Photo provided by Daniel Sean

My time at Universitas Pelita Harapan was truly enriching, providing me with the opportunity to explore aspects of art that were previously unfamiliar to me. The university offered well-structured curricula and state-of-the-art facilities, which allowed students like me to maximize and refine our skills. Moreover, I had the pleasure of interacting with friendly and highly talented lecturers and friends who provided invaluable guidance throughout various assignments, employing diverse teaching methods. Sharing our unique drawing styles and creative work with one another was both enjoyable and beneficial.

One aspect of my education that significantly enhanced my journey as a concept artist and illustrator was the study of basic design principles. Our dedicated lecturers taught us how shapes and colors can determine the composition of art, creating different volumes, depths, perspectives, and points of view that interact to produce intriguing effects and elicit responses from viewers. They offered practical examples and techniques to infuse our artwork with stories and emotions, making it more captivating.

Upon graduating, I embarked on a fulfilling career as a concept artist, relishing the role it played in the animation pipeline. Managing the pre-production phase and the flexibility it offered, such as brainstorming character ideas, was particularly enjoyable. Simultaneously, I didn’t want to abandon my passion for illustration. Initially, it began as a side project, but it soon evolved into accepting commissions for video game characters, especially those from popular games like World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV, Dungeons and Dragons, and many others. I take great pride in these commissions, especially as an avid MMORPG player myself. The characters I create become a part of me, and in some cases, they embody aspects of my own identity. Crafting art that allows people to represent themselves, whether in fiction or reality, is a tremendous honor.

In conclusion, I wholeheartedly recommend Universitas Pelita Harapan as a place that nurtures and empowers students to expand their knowledge and skills. My time here was an unforgettable experience, and I am grateful for the opportunity. Thank you for having me.

One Reply to “Alumni: Daniel Sean”