Alumni: Gilbert March

Photo of Gilbert March. Photo Provided by Gilbert March

Gilbert March, class of 2013 in Visual Communication Design with a specialization in Cinematography, works as a Director for Music Videos and Advertisements.

My experience at UPH’s Visual Communication Design (Dkv UPH) has given me an unforgettable journey. The guidance, professors, mentors, and other staff members were incredibly helpful in helping me understand the importance of relationships and communication. Not only that, but a comfortable environment plays a significant role in allowing us to focus on our work. The excellent facilities enabled us to practice and create, and equally important, the friendships that supported, assisted, and taught me how to collaborate in completing tasks.

Many things left an impression because all the Cinematography courses heavily relied on teamwork. We were highly encouraged to tolerate and respect each other’s opinions. This made our work not just a personal endeavor but a collective creation.

Learning at UPH has been immensely beneficial to my career in the industry because it has enabled me to provide solutions to problems, particularly in film production. It has honed my ability to think creatively and swiftly, allowing me to seamlessly incorporate idealistic elements into video presentations.

I recommend this program to those who want to develop their talents and find their identity. Everything taught here has a significant impact on those who want to enter the workforce. It’s not just about readiness for work; it will also refine your identity. Thank you to UPH for educating and honing me to this point.